When it comes to fashion, trends can be pretty predictable but the outcome can be a total disaster. Time and again, we have seen cringe-worthy fashion statements that never missed sharp biting comments from the interested public, even famous celebrities get lambasted after a red carpet display of tragic fashion sense. But really, how does the fashion world define elegance and style?
The fashion world is a big open space where everyone expresses himself or herself with utter braveness. It can be a frightening place for someone who does not grow accustomed to fashion success so here’s a quick peek on how to avoid embarrassing fashion fails.
1. Do wear bright and bold colours with equally expressive prints. Often, the fear of becoming a fashion victim is so consuming that people rather stay on the safe side. Remember that most of the time, even the most seemingly inappropriate match can turn out edgy and highly fashionable.
2. Do wear clothes that you are comfortable in regardless if it’s the latest trend or not. Fashion is a form of self-expression. How else do trends start if no one is brave enough to try them first?
3. Do invest in basic yet classic apparel. Buy white shirts, leggings, jeans, tights, black socks khaki pants, and black dresses. These pieces are timeless and never go out of style.
4. Do fall in love with great accessories, from shoes to pieces of jewelry, belts, bags, and clutches. Learn to mix and match each item, as they will help reinvent your clothes and give a totally different look even if you’re wearing the same outfit from your last event.
5. Do break fashion rules. Endless exploration brings the fashion world to where it is now. Do not be afraid to try different things. This might transform you into a fantastic social flower so wear whatever you want but don’t overdo stuff.
1. Don’t over-accessorise.
2. Don’t wear clothes just to please or impress others.
3. Don’t wear white to a wedding party if you’re not the bride. Surely, the last thing you would like to happen is to steal the special celebration.
4. Don’t show your undergarments and definitely, no bra straps exposure ladies. Fashion is evolving and that means strapless bras are in existence. Get them!
5. Don’t be the fashion faux pas. Always dress appropriately and never lose your sense of style.
Can you keep up with these fashion rules to be glamour-ready?